WIP, as in "Work in Progress"

I can be kind of dingy sometimes, which is why when I started quilting it took me awhile to figure out what in the heck WIP meant. This acronym kept popping up on quilting blogs, and I thought it must be some kind of weird technique that I was not yet aware of. Well, now that I know WIP means "work in progress" I have a sneak peak of a WIP to share! My bookshelf mini quilt!

Ever since I spotted this tutorial on Don't Call Me Betsy's blog, I knew I had to make one for myself. My "real" book collection is ever growing and if I'm not sewing, you will definitely find me reading. But since I have a rather large stack (or stacks) of books to read before I am allowing myself to buy more, I figured a fabric bookshelf is the next best thing.  

What better way to build a fabric bookshelf than from scraps?! I love a project where I can use up those little scraps of fabric that I just can't bear to part with. This project is perfect for that. But I couldn't resist buying some new fabric for the backing of my bookshelf mini quilt. Check it out- could it be any more perfect?

Now that I have been quilting for almost two months now, I completely understand why the acronymWIP is used so much in the quilting world. I typically have 4-5 WIPs going on at once and there are some quilters who have long lists of WIPs to share every week (just check out Don't Call Me Betsy's WIP Wednesdays). I guess this is just one of the things that comes with being a quilter.

Comments

Popular Posts