"Little Man" Quilt

I finished up my "Little Man" quilt this weekend and I think it turned out super cute.

I just love this pattern by Camille Roskelley. It is simple and modern and I love how it showcases the fabrics. The quilting of this quilt didn't go quite as smoothly as I would have liked. While quilting, I accidentally stitched a fold into the back of my quilt and ended up ripping out about 13 lines of stitches as a result. It was pretty painful, but I'm kind of glad it happened because now I know to be extra careful to prevent this from happening in the future. As the saying goes, live and learn.


I think what I like most about this quilt is the way the soft muted colors create an understated but cohesive look. The fabrics are from Michael Miller's Citron and Gray collection. I used Kona cotton in Ash for the sashing which is one of my favorite solids. I tend to gravitate toward brighter colors in my quilts so I was surprised to find how much I ended up liking this muted yellow and gray color combination.

The bicycle print really makes this quilt so I knew I had to use it on the back too. And look, no folds! You would never know how much time I spent carefully taking out those rows of stitches!

I will definitely be using this pattern again to make more quilts. I have some fabric in my stash that has "Little Man" written all over it, so be on the lookout for more like this!

Comments

  1. Do you have the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across this on Pinterest. I love it! Those Michael Miller prints are great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in a Stashbook called Simplify

    ReplyDelete
  4. what size is the quilt you have pictured?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so beautiful! Really caught my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts