Vintage, Yet Modern

This is one of my favorite quilts that I have pieced so far. The fabric is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey and it has a vintage feel to it. But I think the white sashing and the simple design of this quilt make it very fresh and modern. I also like how this fabric collection pairs modern and graphic prints with the more vintage florals. I think they work together nicely. Once it's finished this quilt just might find a home on my guest bedroom wall for awhile. It makes me happy looking at it.

I am also working on a pillow to match! I can see how these could be really addicting. They are fast to make and I am always changing the decor in my house. So, don't be surprised if you see a lot more of these! You can never have enough pillows, right? Oh wait, maybe that's shoes.
As for what I am working on now, a boy quilt! And, no I am not expecting (sorry to disappoint you Mom- I know you're reading this). But, my husband and I do plan on starting a family some time in the near future so I figured it would be a good idea to have some baby quilts on hand. For some odd reason, I have a feeling we will have boys (probably because my husband really wants a son who he can hunt and fish with). I have a hard time finding "boy" fabric that I actually like, so I was thrilled when I found this cute bicycle print by Michael Miller of his Citron and Gray collection!

The quilt pattern I am using is called "Little Man." It is featured in Camille Roskelley's new book Simplify, which I love. Again, it is a simple design but modern and perfect for today's "little man." Can't wait to show you more of this one! By the way, my Mom is coming to visit this week and will be bringing my much awaited walking foot! So, hopefully I will soon have some actual quilting to share. I think I am going to start small- like with the pillow!  

Comments

  1. I love the nicey jane quilt top! That is one of my favorite lines, and I just started a new quilt using it. I also totally agree with your take on the modern look combined with vintage inspired prints-- it's such a great combination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts