Making Progress

Are you ready for this? I can officially say I quilted!! After getting my walking foot this weekend, I didn't waste any time diving into my very first quilting projects. Like I said before, I wanted to start small so I quilted my pillowcases, which didn't take long at all once I got into the groove. Here they are finished.

I'm really quite pleased with how they turned out. I kept it simple with straight horizontal lines going across the pillows. Although the quilting isn't fancy, I love the texture the horizontal lines give to the pillows. I also think this type of quilting lets the fabric speak for itself.   

Since the pillows went so well, I felt more confident about starting on my quilts. I am about half way done with my first one, and so far it is going great. Once I got over my fear of ruining my quilt, I was able to relax and have fun. I've heard people say that quilting is relaxing which I never quite understood, but now I get it. There is something about sitting down at a machine for several hours and doing nothing but stitching that creates a sense of calm. That is, when my dog isn't begging to be let outside every five minutes.

I should have more to show soon! I have a closet full of quilt tops just begging to be quilted!  


Comments

Popular Posts