Bookshelf Mini Finished!

I had so much fun making this bookshelf mini quilt. I have been somewhat down lately about starting school again and having to tuck away the sewing machine for awhile, but this project totally cheered me up. It was quick to put together, but full of creative potential.

My favorite thing about this quilt is using selvages for the book titles. I never would have thought that selvages could look so pretty!

This was my first time using Steam-A-Seam to iron on the book titles, and it worked great! I still stitched around the book titles for extra security and to make them pop.

The back is almost as cool as the front!

And best of all, it looks so stylish hanging above my sewing machine (although I need to come up with a more "stylish" hanging method that doesn't involve scotch tape).

I can envision a whole wall of these little quilts. Now you know how I'll be spending my spare time this fall, at least when I need a study break.

Comments

  1. This is really cute! The selvages as book titles is a great idea and makes me kind of sad that I just chuck my selvages straight in the trash when I cut them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, I'm here for a visit from Lynne's Small Blog Meet! Your bookshelf mini quilt is wonderful! The colors, the selvage edges, the backing, everything about it is just so darn cute! Stop by for a visit when you can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts