Working on Applique Skills

 I pushed through my fear today and finished the applique for my daughter's Cat Walk quilt.  It's not perfect...if you look closely you'll notice several mistakes, but I'm pretty darn proud of the way it turned out and the fact that I kept going despite my fear! 

I was kind of worried about how that pink ear was going to look, but I actually love it!  And I strategically placed the star to look like the cat's eye.  Applique is definitely growing on me...it allows for a lot of creativity, which I love. 


Now, I just have to sew the top applique piece to the brick wall and it will be ready for quilting!  The piecing of my wall rows went much more smoothly once I switched to using a walking foot and alternated the direction I was sewing each row.  There was still some wonkiness, but not as much.  

Now, I just need to decide if I want to quilt this one myself or send it to the long arm quilter.  I'm thinking a star and moon pattern would be perfect for this quilt.  Plus, I'm anxious to start piecing some Christmas quilts for the kids.  It's hard to believe it's already October...even though this has seemed like the longest year, the last half has gone surprisingly fast.  And I cant' say I'm too sad about that...2020 has been a year for the books for sure.  

Comments

Popular Posts