Serpentine Quilting on My New Sewing Machine!

  I finally got around to quilting my daughter's "I Heart You" Quilt!  I love how it turned out! 

This is the first quilt I've quilted using only a serpentine stitch. I quilted my lines about 1 1/2 inches apart and I was worried it would be too much texture, but it actually was perfect!  

This was the first quilt I quilted using my new Baby Lock Crescendo sewing machine that I bought in April.  After 10 years of quilting with my little Baby Lock Sofia machine, I decided it was time for an upgrade.  Best decision I've made in a long time!!  I've been really happy with the Baby Lock brand...I think their machines are super user friendly and high quality.  My Crescendo comes with a dual feed foot, which is like a walking foot but even better.  It uses a roller bar to evenly feed your fabric through the machine so there is no puckering or weird rippling of your layers as you quilt them together.  I've even used the dual feed foot when I'm piecing and sewing long rows together or sewing a border to a quilt...sometimes when using a regular foot I've noticed that if I'm sewing two long rows together my fabric doesn't feed exactly evenly and I'd get to the end of my row and my top or bottom layer would be slightly longer than the other layer.  The dual feed foot eliminates this problem since it feeds evenly from both the top and the bottom.  And the Crescendo also has a large throat space, so I no longer have to struggle to squeeze my quilt through my machine as I'm quilting.  Now that I'm making larger quilts, a larger throat space was a must for me!! 

I backed this quilt using one of my favorite Heather Ross strawberry prints and I used a small pink and white stripe for the binding.  It was super wet and muddy out the day I took these pictures, so the red rain boots were necessary but they actually matched perfectly with the quilt! 
The "I Heart You" quilt pattern was such a quick and cute make!  I kind of want to make one for myself...maybe next year!  For now, I'll be satisfied with watching my kids cuddle up with them. 😊😊

Comments

Popular Posts