Festive Christmas Patchwork

 I've been spending lots of time in the sewing room the last couple of weeks and it feels good to get some projects checked off my list!  I finished quilting the buffalo plaid Christmas quilts for the kids, which I'll share in another post.  I also started sewing together my Christmas Patchwork Plaid quilt from Maker Valley. 


When I first saw this quilt from Maker Valley I fell in love with the design.  It's a simple patchwork quilt, but the way the colors are arranged creates a plaid pattern...which I think is such a creative idea!  There are 238 squares in this quilt 😲, but once I finished cutting it out, the assembly went surprisingly quickly.  I think I had the most fun just arranging the squares on my design wall (there were three rows that wouldn't fit).  I still have a few rows left to sew, but I'm loving how it's turning out so far.  And I'm getting lots of practice nesting those seams! 


This will be my third Christmas quilt, but the first one I've made for myself rather than someone else.  I'm still trying to decide if I should quilt it myself or send it off for long arm quilting.  I love quilting my own quilts, but it does take a lot of time, and I have sooooo many projects I want to start!  With Christmas break coming up, I'll have some extra time to spend in the sewing room so fingers crossed I'll have some more finishes to share soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts