Tea Cup Blocks

I'm a big coffee and tea drinker and in my opinion you can never have enough mugs, so when I saw Lori Holt's Good Morning Mugs tablerunner kit at the Fat Quarter Shop, I knew I had to make one for my table!  I spent a day at my mom's house cutting out the pieces...there was a lot of cutting for this project.  Cutting is not my favorite part, so I was glad to have some company while I cut.  And my mom helped me organize all my pieces on my design board to make it super easy when I was ready to start sewing. 

I used my diagonal seam tape when sewing the stitch and flip blocks...this makes it easy to keep your lines straight without having to mark the fabric. Seriously such a time saver! 

I still have 4 blocks to go...I've been trying to go really slow and focus on precise sewing, which I sometimes struggle with.  I tend to have a lead foot when it comes to sewing, so I usually have to physically adjust the speed on my machine to force me to go slower.  It definitely makes a difference in the way my blocks turn out.  This pattern also calls for all the seams to be ironed open, which takes some extra time. 

I've enjoyed this project and I'm looking forward to finishing it up so I can display these cute mugs on my table! 

Comments

Popular Posts