Slow but Steady Progress

With summer winding down and school getting ready to start again, I feel like I haven't made much progress on my sewing projects lately.  But I've been trying to snatch an hour here or there to sew and I've also spent some time making small changes in my sewing space to make it more inspiring and functional for me.  I finally got a design wall hung up to help me visualize projects I'm working on! My Matilda WIP quilt is hanging on it now.  I love how the applique book blocks turned out! Stitching the applique blocks is the next step.
I've also been working on a few more mini Wonderland Cottage Quilts...I think Melissa Mortenson's Wonderland II fabric line is one of my all time favorites!  I always loved Alice in Wonderland growing up and this fabric line with its metallic accents is such a perfect representation of Alice's adventures in Wonderland...the bunnies and teapots are my favorite, but all of the fabrics work so well together!  
So naturally, I had to make two Wonderland Cottage quilts out of these fabrics because I couldn't decide which ones I liked best!  I have one pieced and ready to be quilted and one I am still working on piecing.

I'm becoming quite fond of polaroid blocks!  There are so many creative options with these easy fussy cut blocks. 
I also enjoyed having a little helper in the sewing room this week.  Yesterday she helped me sort fabric scraps by color and today she had fun dressing my mannequin! She's so ready to go back to school...but I'm enjoying these little moments with her.  It goes by way too fast.  I have a feeling sewing or fashion is going to be a part of her future in some way...I might have to introduce her to my obsession with the show Project Runway.  She has the best color and fashion sense and I love watching her create!  The kids head back to school next week and the house is going to be so quiet...which I'm looking forward to and sad about at the same time. 

Comments

Popular Posts