Halloween Mini Quilts

I'm not usually a huge Halloween fan, but my kids love it so I decided to make them each a mini haunted house wall hanging for their rooms this year! I used the Mini Cottage quilt pattern from Melissa Mortenson at Polka Dot Chair. I've made this pattern before, but this time I put a Halloween spin to it, using Art Gallery's Spooky 'n Sweeter fabric line.
This fabric is perfect for fussy cutting, and I love how each little window of the houses offers a different spooky surprise.
I quilted each house with a simple serpentine stitch to give them lots of movement and texture. This wavy stitch is becoming a favorite quilting technique of mine...it's fast and easy but effective in adding lots of texture while still giving the quilt a soft drape.
My kids are excited to hang these in their rooms! Mini wall hangings are a great way to add some holiday spirit to a room without the much larger time commitment of a full quilt. And I really love that the look of Melissa's Mini Cottage pattern can be completely changed just based on the fabric choices. I'm thinking of making my kids Christmas Mini Cottages next!

Comments

Popular Posts