Cat Walk Quilt

 Back in February I wrote a post about clamshell quilting with a walking foot.  I've always loved the clamshell design but never knew it was possible to create this design with a walking foot!  I finished up the quilting on this Cat Walk quilt and wanted to reveal the final outcome. 

I got the idea for this quilting technique from Jacquie Gering's book WALK...there are so many great quilting ideas in this book (ALL with a walking foot!) and I can't wait to try some more.  To be honest, it was a bit challenging on my little machine I used to quilt it because my machine doesn't have a large throat space and you do have to twist the quilt in different directions for the gentle curves.  But I got it done, and I really love how it turned out! 

This Riley Blake black and white striped binding seems to go with everything so I've been using it a lot lately...I think it creates a nice frame around the quilt. And if you haven't used Art Gallery fabrics before, they definitely have a different feel to them that I love.  This quilt was actually my first quilt in which I used all Art Gallery fabrics including the backing, and it's so soft and smooth to run your hands across. 


It looks so cute hanging in my daughter's room!  She is most definitely a cat person...we have 3 outdoor cats and she treats them all like queens.  I have plans to make her another quilt for her birthday that also has a cat as it's main feature, but this next one will be a bigger quilt for her bed. I have the fabric cut, waiting to be pieced.  More details on this quilt coming soon!! 


I love being able to finish a quilt myself rather than sending it to a long arm quilter.  For me, there is just a sense of satisfaction knowing the quilt was touched by my hands at every stage of the process.  I'm hoping to try out some more of Jacquie's quilting ideas from her book in future quilts! 

Comments

Popular Posts