Thankful for My Messy Sewing Room

 My sewing room is a bit of a mess right now, and I'm totally ok with that...I'm feeling especially thankful this week for this creative space that I have to work in, even when it's a disaster.  Currently, there is a quilt top spread out on the floor in the process of being basted, a finished quilt draped across my chair awaiting binding, and a new quilt project being cut on the cutting table!  

        I love the feeling of finishing projects, but like most quilters, I typically have more than one project going at once.  Today, I was in the middle of basting a quilt when I ran out of basting spray...I immediately ordered some more from Amazon, but with shipping delays it won't be here until next week 😞.  I miss the days when Amazon packages were delivered in two days.  While I wait, I decided it was the perfect time to start cutting out a new project! 



I ordered a Patchwork Plaid Christmas quilt kit from Maker Valley several months ago and I absolutely love it!  If you're not familiar with Maker Valley, a lot of her quilt kits are scrappy and include tons of different fabrics.  This one came with 60 different fabrics 😮.  I had so much fun today just unrolling the fabrics, ironing them, and drooling over all the different Christmas prints.  The kit came with 5 inch strips of each print, and then you have to subcut them into 5 inch squares.  

I used my new Creative Grids Stripology Ruler for the subcutting, and it made it so fast and easy!  I have another brand of a similar strip cutting ruler, but the Creative Grids one allows for a greater variety of measurements and I love the grips on the back that keep it from sliding around...my old ruler didn't have those.  You can use this ruler for squaring blocks too, which makes it super versatile.  


As soon as my basting spray arrives, I'm going to make it a priority to finish quilting my buffalo plaid Christmas quilts.  But in the meantime, I'm embracing the messiness of my creative space and being thankful for the deep soul level fulfillment that this space provides me. 

Comments

Popular Posts