Still Sewing

If you follow my blog, you probably thought I fell off the face of the earth. Nope, still here. I finished up my student teaching this spring, managed to snag my first ever teaching job for the fall, and am in the process of building a new house. Life is crazy, but I wouldn't want it any other way! With a few months off before I start my new job, I am back at the sewing machine again and picking up some new skills. I am attempting to expand my horizons a little with some sewing projects other than quilts. I love bags because not only are they cute but practical too and great for organizing all the junk that somehow magically accumulates on my bedroom dresser. This was my first experience putting in zippers, and it was much easier than I expected. I didn't even have to use my seam ripper.



  I also used my embroidery attachment for the first time to personalize the bags with initials. It was a little hard to get the letters exactly where I wanted them, but with more practice I think I will get better at it. These will make great gifts for Mother's Day!

 Anytime I learn something new I tend to go a bit overboard and make a million, so expect to see more of these bags this summer. I bought a bunch of modern Amy Butler fabrics on sale specifically for the purpose of making bags so I should have plenty of inspiring fabric to satisfy my new bag obsession.

Comments

  1. I just stumbled across your blog. You're very talented. I hope you resume blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the comment! I do plan to get back to blogging and sewing soon. Since my daughter was born five months ago, I have put my hobbies aside. But I have lots of new stuff to post so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts