Looking Back on 2011

With the New Year quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to reflect on the projects I've completed this past year. Even though I just learned to sew this summer when I purchased my very first sewing machine, I feel like I've come a long way and accomplished more than I thought possible. It hasn't all been perfect, as I've shared on my blog, but I've learned a lot and I'm having fun which is all that really matters. What I've enjoyed most about quilting is the creative aspect of selecting color schemes, coordinating fabrics, and finding ways to add modern flair to more traditional quilt patterns. But, I'll admit I played it safe this year, choosing designer fabric lines that were already coordinated and went together easily. Next year, my goal is to experiment more with combining fabrics from different lines and to challenge myself to try more difficult patterns and designs (If I get really brave, you might even see some triangles!).

Here's a collage of my 2011 finished projects! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year and I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2012!





Comments

  1. What a stunning, beautiful group of finishes! Definitely something to be proud of! You've had a great year it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts