Never Enough Buffalo Plaid

 When I first decided to make these buffalo plaid quilts for the kids, I really didn't expect them to be so excited to receive them.  They were super patient watching me piece and quilt them throughout the month of November, but once the quilts were finished and in the wash the kids could hardly wait for them to come out of the dryer.  And they've been sleeping with them every night since.  💝

I had so much fun making these...sometimes simple patchwork makes the best kind of quilts.  And buffalo plaid is a classic pattern that will never go out of style.  


The best thing about these quilts is definitely the flannel backs.  They are so warm and cozy.  It makes me want to back all my quilts in flannel.  




I love a good sunset quilt picture.  You can see our sweet cat, Cookie, in the background of this picture...she's an outdoor cat, but she thinks she belongs inside the house and loves all the soft snuggly blankets.  I'm sure she was just waiting for me to lay this quilt down long enough for her to hop on top.  

I definitely plan on making more buffalo plaid quilts in the future.  But for now, I have some Christmas WIPS to finish...I'm super excited about this next quilt I'm working on, which is also a kit from Maker Valley.  I'm finally tackling my fear of half square triangles!  News flash: it's not nearly as bad as I imagined. 😆

Comments

Popular Posts